Monday, August 4, 2008

A note from Brian

Dear Friends,

I want to thank each and every one of my subscribers, for listening and helping me make this first week this project a success. It is my hope that this podcast can be something that can help enrich all of our lives as we journey together through liturgical calendar.

As I have been learning how to make this program through trial and error, there have been some small improvements. However, there is much room for more. I just thought I would take a few minutes to share them with you in hope that this may start some nice conversation on my blog.

First, I plan on including a brief summery of the Saint or Martyr commemorated each day.

Secondly, In the coming weeks I will acquire some authentic Byzantine Music to mix into the program to give a more Eastern Catholic flavor to what you hear.

And Third, I am exploring the possibility of include those prayer’s that are common for anyone’s daily rule of prayer. For example, The Trisagion or beginning prayers, Psalm 50, The Nicene Creed, the Trisagion and Kontakion for each day sung in plain chant.

These are just a few things that I have thought of to improve your listening experience. Now I need your help. I humbly encourage everyone listening to provide some input.
You can do so by visit my blog at brianskc.blogspot.com and share with me what you would like to hear on this podcast. You can also click on my email address if you would like to share your ideas with me privately.

Again I would like to thank you for making this first week a great start, and express my gratitude for your input ahead of time. May God grant you many happy, Holy, and blessed years.

No comments: